|Top Previous Next|
You can configure Delta Trading 6 to send you Email alerts or play a sound each time a price reaches a certain level, or if a Market/Stop/Limit order has been executed, so that you can take appropriate action. They are accompanied by a message box. This service will keep you close to the rapidly changing market, even when you are away from your computer.
The Alerts window can be accessed by clicking on the Alerts icon in the Tools menu:
A new window opens, where you can manage your alerts: create, modify, or remove them:
List of all alerts
Apart from creating custom conditions that trigger alerts, you also have the option to receive alerts upon execution of your Market/Limit/Stop/OCO orders. To be alerted by a sound, select the sound which will be played by the platform from the Sound drop-down list. You can choose to be notified by email too; in which case, you have to enter your email address in Email field.
The settings for executed pending orders are active/checked:
Note: These sound signals depend on the main sound option (little speaker icon) at the bottom-left of the main platform layout. When it is inactive, sounds will not be played.
If you prefer to receive alerts by email, enter the email address to which you want them sent, for example: firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the Save button every time when you change something in Alerts Settings.
You can set an alert for the Result. This is the Realised Profit/Loss that comes from all positions you have closed. This amount you can see if you hover over the Account Equity of the Positions panel or the Accounts tab in the My Account window.
Note: The Email alerts for Result may be delayed for up to 15 minutes.
1. To add a custom alert, press the Alerts button.
2. The Alerts dialog opens, where you can set the parameters of your new alert:
3. Choose the instrument, the alert will be triggered by from the Instrument drop-down list. You can change the value in the Price field at your discretion.
In the drop-down menu you can select Results, if you want to receive alerts about your result. It is the sum of Realised P/L and Unrealised P/L.
Note: Receipt of result signals may have delays up to 15 minutes.
4. Choose the condition (< or >) of the alert from the Condition drop-down list. The "greater than" symbol (>) sets an alert which will be triggered when the average price of the selected instrument becomes greater than the one specified in the Price field. The "less than" symbol (<) sets an alert which will be triggered when the average price of the selected instrument becomes lower than the specified one.
5. In the next two fields you have to enter the number of repetitions of the signal and the interval between them. From 1 to 9 times for Email or Sound alerts.
6. You can also select the alarm type: sound or Email. If you choose a sound alarm, you can select among 7 melodies from the drop-down menu. You can try the selected one by clicking on the button.
Note: You can disable sound messages by clicking on the button located at the bottom-right of the platform
7. After you have entered all settings, click on the Add Price Alert button.
Note: If you want to change the way a signal alerts you (from Sound to Email or vice versa) you need to create a new signal but not edit it.
You can always edit the alert's characteristics by selecting it and pressing the Edit Signal button, or delete it by pressing the Remove Alert button: